- An identity provider account with access to the administrator console
- A Grammarly Business or Grammarly for Education account with owner permissions
Instructions on adding Grammarly to different identity providers:
If your identity provider is not on the list, you can still try to configure it for Grammarly by using the following parameters:
- Single sign-on URL: https://sso.grammarly.com/saml/assertion
- Audience URI/SP Entity ID/Issuer: https://sso.grammarly.com/saml/metadata
- Name ID format: EmailAddress
- Name ID / Application Username / Unique Identifier: Email
- Required attributes/claims:
- Optional attributes/claims:
- CommonName (instead of FirstName and LastName)
Note: The names of attributes/claims must follow the specified format. Alternative name spellings or FriendlyNames are not supported.
If present, the GrammarlyRole attribute assigns appropriate permission to the member. For more information about roles and permissions, see this article. The permitted GrammarlyRole values are:
If present, the GrammarlyGroup attribute assigns the member to the corresponding group within Grammarly. For more information about groups, see this article.
Grammarly SSO supports alternate attributes' and claims' names to be compliant with standards such as InCommon. Below is a list of alternative attributes/claims that can be used:
- EmailAddress: mail, urn:oid:0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.3
- CommonName: commonName, cn, urn:oid:184.108.40.206
- FirstName: givenName, urn:oid:220.127.116.11
- LastName: surname, sn, urn:oid:18.104.22.168
After you have the Grammarly SAML app set up in your identity provider, please see this article for instructions on how to enable SSO for your account.