- Log in to your Microsoft Azure admin's account and go to Azure Active Directory.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and select New application.
- Search for Grammarly, click on the app, and click Create in the panel that opens.
- On the next page, click Set up single sign on and choose SAML as your single sign-on method.
- In the Basic SAML Configuration section, the application is pre-configured and the necessary URLs are already pre-populated. Please click Yes to save the default settings:
- Grammarly application expects the SAML assertions in a specific format. These attributes are also pre-populated but you can review them as per your requirements.
- On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer:
- In the Set up Grammarly section, copy Login URL and Azure AD Identifier. You will need to enter these values in your Grammarly account accordingly:
- Login URL -> SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP)
- Azure AD Identifier -> Identity Provider Issuer
- Certificate (Base 64) -> Certificate (you will need to open the file in a text editor and copy the contents to Grammarly)
To assign users to the Grammarly application in Azure AD, please do the following:
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications.
- In the applications list, select Grammarly.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user/group, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select the appropriate users or groups then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Finally, to enable SSO in the Grammarly interface, please see step 2 of this article.
If you encounter any issues, please look for a troubleshooting article on this page.
Note: Azure AD might experience a delay in propagating the parameters on the Azure side. To not experience any issues with configuring SSO on the Grammarly side, we advise waiting for 1-2 hours after setting up the Grammarly app in Azure AD before enabling SSO in the Grammarly interface for all the changes to propagate accordingly.