You can silently install Grammarly for Microsoft Edge on multiple computers at once using a managed software solution or deployment mechanism.
Prerequisite: Download the Edge Administrative Templates.
You will need to fill in the required fields and click the Get Policy Files button:
- Open Group Policy Management.
- Create a new GPO for the policy (or add to an existing policy).
- Right-click your GPO and select Edit:
- In the “Group policy management editor” window that appears, expand the Computer/User configuration tree on the left-hand side, depending on how you wish to configure your policy.
- Right-click on Administrative templates and select Add/Remove Templates:
- Click on Add.
- Browse to the templates you downloaded in Step 2 and open the “msedge.adm” template that is relevant to your operating system and language:
- Once uploaded, expand to the following path (may vary depending on your OS) on the left of the Group policy management editor: Computer/User configuration > Policies > Administrative templates > Classic administrative templates > Microsoft Edge > Extensions
- On the right-hand side, select Configure the list of force-installed extensions.
- Right-click and select Edit:
- Mark the Enabled button.
- Click the Show… button.
- Under the Value column, enter the following:
kbfnbcaeplbcioakkpcpgfkobkghlhen;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx (This is the Google Chrome–ased extension, which will also work on MS Edge v77+)
Note: Make sure you have no blank spaces in the Value box below.
- Click OK and then click Apply.
- Back in the Group Policy Management window, assign this policy to users/computers as normal.
- Users affected by this GPO should now see the Edge extensions installed and enabled automatically (once the GPO has updated on their machine).
- Find or create the following key in the registry:
- 32-bit Windows:
- 64-bit Windows:
- 32-bit Windows:
- Create a new key (folder) under the Extensions key called “cnlefmmeadmemmdciolhbnfeacpdfbkd”
- In your extension key, create an "update_url" property and set it to this value: "https://edge.microsoft.com/extensionwebstorebase/v1/crx"