You can silently install Grammarly for Windows on multiple computers at once using Microsoft Intune cloud-based device management tool or Microsoft SCCM.
Note: Currently, we do not support per-machine installation.
- In Azure, go to Microsoft Endpoint → Apps → Windows Apps and click the Add button:
- Select App type → Windows app (Win32)
- Add the app package file in .intunewin format:
- Fill in App information:
Specify app installation and uninstallation commands:
- Install command → GrammarlyInstaller.exe /S
- Uninstall command → GrammarlyInstaller.exe /S /uninstall
- Choose your preferred options under Install behavior.
- Select Operation system architecture and Minimum operating system:
- Under Detection rules, choose the Rules format Manually configure detection rules and click Add:
In the window that appears, fill in the following values:
- Rule type → File
- Path → %LOCALAPPDATA%\Grammarly\DesktopIntegrations
- File or Folder → GrammarlyInstaller.exe
- Detection Method → Registry
- Key path → Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Grammarly Desktop Integrations
- Value name → DisplayVersion
- Detection method → Version comparison
- Operator → Greater than or equal to
- Value → Use current installer version value
- Associated with a 32-bit app on 64-bit clients → Yes
- Add Dependencies and Supersedence(preview) if needed.
- Add Assignments:
- Review and create the app.
- Download the installer
- Copy the GrammarlyInstaller.exe to the folder C:\Sources
- In the ConfigMgr Console, go to \Software Library\Overview\Application Management\Packages
- Create a package:
- Important: Specify that this package contains a source file and choose a path to it:
- Click Next and choose Standard program.
- Fill in the required fields and click Next:
Note: For Command line, please use prefix /S for silent installation. For the removal process, we need to create a package with command line prefix /S /uninstall.
- Specify platform requirements:
- Review the summary and click Next. You should see a successful Completion message:
- Package is ready to deploy so you can go ahead and install it on required computers:
The Grammarly for Windows update process occurs automatically every two weeks. If you are using a proxy server or antivirus software, please consider safelisting Grammarly for Windows, to avoid it getting blocked during automatic updates. To ensure authenticity, Grammarly for Windows files are digitally signed with a private certificate. The update package is downloaded from Grammarly’s trusted data storage.