If you see “Grammarly add-in has failed to load," try one of the solutions below:
Install Grammarly for all users by following these steps:
- Uninstall your current version of the Grammarly add-in via Control Panel > Programs and Features > right-click on Grammarly for Microsoft Office Suite > select Uninstall.
If you use Windows 10:
Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen, and select Apps and Features on the pop-up menu. Click Grammarly for Microsoft Office Suite > select Uninstall.
- Download Grammarly for Microsoft Office at https://grammarly.com/office-addin
- Right-click the GrammarlyAddInSetup.exe file and choose Run as Administrator.
- When you see the "Welcome to Grammarly" window, click Get Started while pressing the Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard.
- Check the Install for all users option and click Next:
If you don't see the option to install for all users, please download and run this file: https://gram.ly/HSJT
Log in to Windows as any user that is not an administrator.
Enable User Account Control by following these steps:
- Press the Windows key, type UAC in the search bar, and press Enter
- Once you open the User Account Control Settings window, choose any preferred level of security and press OK.