If you completed the installation of Grammarly for Microsoft Word on Mac, but it didn’t appear in your Word document, please follow these instructions:
- Click this link to open Microsoft AppSource
- Click Get it now to install Grammarly for Microsoft Word
- Then, go to Microsoft Word and open any document
- Choose Insert > Add-ins > My Add-ins
Press the Refresh button in the upper right corner of the window and check if the Grammarly tab appears in Microsoft Word:
If you still don’t see Grammarly in Microsoft Word, please make sure that you are logged in to the same Microsoft account in your browser and in the Microsoft Word application.
If the previous steps didn’t help, please reinstall Microsoft Word by following the steps below:
- Uninstall your current version of Microsoft Word by opening Finder and selecting Applications. Then, press and hold the Microsoft Word icon and move it to the Trash (or Bin).
- Download and install Microsoft Word from the Microsoft Store by following the instructions in this article.
- Once Microsoft Word is installed, add Grammarly for Microsoft Word for Mac as follows:
- Open a blank Microsoft Word document on your Mac.
- Open the Insert menu and click Get Add-ins or Store.
- Enter Grammarly in the search field and press Enter.
- Click Add next to the listing for Grammarly for Microsoft Word.
- Then, look for the Grammarly tab on the MS Word toolbar and press Open Grammarly.
If Grammarly for Microsoft Word on Mac doesn’t work after trying these steps, and you’re using macOS 10.14 or newer, we suggest switching to Grammarly for Mac. This product offering also supports integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook. To find out more, check out this article.