If you can’t log in to Grammarly for Microsoft Office using your correct password or sign-in option, please reinstall Grammarly for Microsoft Office by following the steps in this article.
If you can't log in and you see the "Proxy authentication required" message, please click Proxy settings to specify your proxy server login details and try logging in again.
If you can’t log in to Grammarly for Microsoft Office using your browser, please try the following options:
- There might be an issue with your browser cookies. Please clear your cookies in your browser using the instructions here.
- Change your default browser:
If you use Windows 10:
- Press the Start button; then, type Default apps
- In the search results, select Default apps
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select a different one.
If you use Windows 7:
- Click the Start button and click Control Panel
- Click on Programs > Default Programs > Set Your Default Programs
- If you cant see the Programs option, change the view style of Control Panel. Click on View option in the upper right corner of the Control Panel and select Category view
- Select the browser you want to use as your default and click on Set this Program As Default
Temporarily disable your VPN, proxy, antivirus and firewall software
Disable all your browser extensions. You can use the instructions below to open the extensions list in your browser:
- Chrome: Copy chrome:extensions into your address bar
- Firefox: Open Tools > Add-ons > Extensions
- Safari: Open Safari > Preferences > Extensions
- Edge (Chromium): Copy edge:extensions into your address bar
- Edge (legacy): Press Alt + X keys > click Extensions
- Make sure that cookies in your browser are enabled:
Copy chrome:settings/content/cookies into your address bar, enable Allow sites to save and read cookies data (recommended), and disable Block third-party cookies
If you can’t log in to Grammarly using Facebook, please turn off the Enhanced Tracking Protection option as shown below:
Go to Preferences > Privacy > Uncheck Block all cookies and Prevent cross-site tracking
Copy edge://settings/content/cookies into your address bar, enable Allow sites to save and read cookies data (recommended), and disable Block third-party cookies
Press Alt + X keys to open the side menu, click Settings > Privacy & security. Under the Cookies section, select Don't block cookies (default). Then, restart Edge.