If you see this error message in Microsoft Word on Mac, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
- Sign out of Microsoft Word by clicking Word > Sign Out…
- Restart Microsoft Word and sign in again.
- Open the Insert menu and click Get Add-ins or Store.
- Type Grammarly in the search field and press Enter.
- Click Add next to the listing for Grammarly for Microsoft Word.
- Then, please find the Grammarly tab on the MS Word toolbar and press Open Grammarly.
If these instructions didn’t help, please submit a support request including the Microsoft Word version that you are currently using and a screenshot of the issue.
To check your version of Microsoft Word, please go to the Word menu and click About Microsoft Word:
Note: If your subscription to Microsoft Office is provided by your organization or school, please contact your Office 365 administrator to ensure that you have permission to install Office Add-ins.