If Microsoft Word or Outlook is slow or crashes when you are using Grammarly for Microsoft Office, this typically means that your antivirus or firewall software or other Microsoft Office add-ins are interfering with the Grammarly add-in.
Please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Disable all other add-ins in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Outlook: go to File > Options > Add-ins > Manage, select COM Add-ins > Go and disable all add-ins except Grammarly in that window:
- Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall software and see if the issue persists then.
If temporarily disabling your antivirus or firewall software helps, we suggest that you add Grammarly to that software's allowed list to resolve the issue.
If the steps above are not helpful, please install the Grammarly add-in for “all users”:
- Download Grammarly for Microsoft Office at https://grammarly.com/office-addin
- Double-click the GrammarlyAddInSetup.exe file
- When you see the “Welcome to Grammarly” window, click Get Started while pressing Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard.
- Check the Install window for the all users option and click Next:
If you don't see the option to install for “all users,” please download and run this file: https://gram.ly/HSJT