If you are experiencing an issue where you don’t see the underlines in the Editing mode in Google Docs, please make sure you are using the latest versions of the extension:
- Open your Chrome browser
- Go to chrome:extensions
- Click Remove in the Grammarly for Chrome section
- Use this link to download the latest version
If the issue persists, please submit a support request and include the following information so we can investigate it further:
- Record a video of the issue you’re experiencing. You can help us understand and resolve this by using your preferred video recording tool (even a smartphone video will work!).
- Specify your current screen resolution. For more information on how to check this, visit this page.
- Tell us if the issue starts as soon as you open a document and launch Grammarly, or if it only happens some time after you’ve applied certain suggestions.
- Specify whether your document contains any images.
- Specify whether your document is in pageless mode. If it is, try switching to the standard mode, as pageless mode is not currently supported.
- Provide a copy of the original Google Docs document. To download a copy of your document, please do the following:
- In your Google Docs document, click File>Make a copy
- Click Share > Get link
- Click on Restricted and change the option to Anyone with the link
- Change Viewer to Editor
- Click on Copy link and then click Done
- Send the link to us
Note: Grammarly employees will need to view your document to investigate this issue.