If you see an error message that says, "Connecting to the Grammarly server…", or a "Not connected" notification pop-up in Word or Outlook, there could be a problem with your network configuration.
To work reliably, Grammarly needs a stable Internet connection. Either message can indicate a problem with your local network, your ISP, or your computer settings.
- Your network or system administrator must ensure that your antivirus and (or) firewall software allows access to the following Internet addresses by adding exception rules to your firewall and/or antivirus software:
- capi.grammarly.com (ports 80 and 443)
- data.grammarly.com (ports 80 and 443)
- auth.grammarly.com (ports 80 and 443)
- If you use a proxy, please verify that it supports WebSocket protocol. You may need to check with your network administrator or Internet service provider about that. Your system administrator can read more on Websocket support in this article.