Change Your Password
If you know your password, but would like to change it, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at grammarly.com.
- Click on the Account tab.
- Click Update next to your password.
- Enter your current and new password as prompted. In some cases, we require completing the account verification procedure by entering a 6-digit code sent to your current email address. If you don’t have access to your email inbox, please check this article.
If your new password does not work, you may need to clear your browser's cookies.
Note: This option is available only for accounts registered using our standard sign-in method with an email address and password. If you registered using Google, Facebook, or Apple, but would like to set a password for your Grammarly account, please submit a help desk request for further assistance.
Reset Your Password
To reset your password, please request a password reset email at https://www.grammarly.com/resetpassword.
If you don't remember the email address you used to create an account, search every email account you use for the word "Grammarly" to find any emails we've sent you. If you still can't locate your Grammarly log-in details, please provide the additional information by submitting a support request to help us find your account.
If you haven't received a password reset email, please check this article.
If the link in the password reset email doesn’t work, follow these instructions:
- Delete any Grammarly password reset emails that you might have received to your email address.
- Once you've deleted the emails, clear your browser cookies by following the steps described here.
- Request a new password reset email at https://www.grammarly.com/resetpassword
- In the email that you'll receive shortly after, please click the Reset Password button to set a new password for your account.
Note: If you're still having trouble, use a different browser or machine to access the email, then try resetting your password again. You can use any of these browsers to access your account: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Internet Explorer.