Topics covered in this article:
- Requesting an invoice
- Paying an invoice
- Changing the billing details on an invoice
- Canceling an invoice
- Credit balances
If your organization requires an invoice prior to purchase, you can select invoice as your payment method for your Grammarly for Business purchase.
Note: Currently, invoices are available only for new annual Grammarly for Business subscriptions of 10 or more seats.
At this time, there is no free trial for Grammarly for Business subscriptions purchased via invoice. Your subscription will be activated once payment has been received by Grammarly. The paid subscription period will start on the payment receipt date, not on the date the invoice was requested. Your payment is due within 30 days upon the invoice request and within 14 days on seat upgrades made subsequently.
If you are an existing Grammarly Premium user, you will continue to have access to the Premium features until the payment for your Grammarly for Business subscription is received.
Requesting an invoice
To request an invoice for your Grammarly for Business purchase, please follow these steps:
- Go to www.grammarly.com/upgrade/business
- Set your team size to 10 or more members.
- Choose the annual plan and click Continue to Payment or Continue to Account Creation.
- If prompted, sign up for a Grammarly account or sign in by clicking I have an account in the upper-right corner.
- Under the Payment details section, click Invoice.
- Fill in your billing details.
- If you’d like to add a purchase order number, check the box next to Include a purchase order number, insert your PO number in the field that appears next, and click Continue.
- Review the billing details and click Confirm.
Note: Once the payment for your Grammarly for Business subscription is received, your subscription will be set to automatically renew in one year from the payment receipt date. An invoice for your subscription renewal will be generated 30 days before that date.
To request an invoice for additional seats, see the instructions below:
- Go to the Subscription page.
- Click Update under the Plan Summary section.
- In the new window that appears, set the updated number of seats and click Continue.
- Review your billing information and click Confirm. Or, if you need to change the billing information, select the Update Billing Details option, fill in updated billing details, and click Update.
All additional seats will be made available for use immediately. You’ll have 14 days to make a payment for the additional seats. If no payment is received within 14 days, the additional seats will be removed according to the following logic:
- Unused seats will be removed first.
- Any other additional seats will be removed based on the last activity date. For example, a seat with the last activity date of May 1 will be removed before a seat with the last activity date of May 31.
Note: The option to request an invoice for additional seats becomes available after the payment for the original invoice is received. There can be no more than one pending invoice at a time.
Paying an invoice
To pay your Grammarly for Business invoice, go to the Subscription page and click Make a payment. You can also click the payment link in the email from our payment processor Stripe, sent to the billing email address you specified in the invoice request form. The email in question should be titled “New invoice from Grammarly, Inc.” If you haven’t received the email with the invoice, please see this article: Not receiving email sent from Stripe
You can pay your Grammarly for Business invoice using the following payment methods: credit card, debit card, ACH Credit/Wire, ACH Debit, Apple Pay, and Google Play. All payments for Grammarly are made exclusively in U.S. dollars.
Note: Payments via PayPal and paper checks are not supported at this time. Also, we do not accept payments from bill.com. If ACH/Wire payment method is used, it can take up to five business days until the payment is received and your Grammarly for Business subscription is activated.
Bank transfer (ACH/Wire) details:
Account Type: Checking
Bank / Institution: WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A.
Routing number: 121000248
Account number: Provided in Invoice
SWIFT Code / BIC: WFBIUS6S
420 MONTGOMERY STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Recipient Type: Business
Beneficiary: Grammarly, Inc
Changing the billing details on an invoice
Once you confirm your billing details and request your Grammarly for Business invoice, it no longer can be changed. To change the details on your invoice, you need to cancel the original invoice and request a new one afterward.
Canceling an invoice
You can cancel your Grammarly for Business invoice request at any time before your payment due date. Additionally, Grammarly will automatically void your invoice if no payment is received within 30 days.
To cancel an invoice request for your Grammarly for Business purchase, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Subscription page.
- At the bottom of the page, click Cancel Subscription Request.
- In the new window that appears, click Yes, Cancel.
- Select a cancellation reason and click Cancel Subscription.
If you wish to cancel an invoice for additional seats, go to the Subscription page and click Void Invoice under the Transactions section.
If your invoice is overpaid or we receive payment for an expired invoice, the amount will become a credit balance. Credit balances will not expire as long as your account is active. Additionally, credit balances are automatically applied to the next invoice. You should see Applied balance on the invoice where the credit balance has been automatically applied.