If you encounter this error when trying to configure SSO, it is typically caused by incorrect SSO parameters and/or cookie cache problems.
To resolve this issue, we suggest checking the following:
- Grammarly SAML application has been configured correctly in your identity provider. It’s essential to validate that the following parameters have been set correctly:
- Single sign-on URL: https://sso.grammarly.com/saml/assertion
- Audience URI/SP Entity ID/Issuer: https://sso.grammarly.com/saml/metadata
- Name ID format: EmailAddress
- Name ID / Application Username / Unique Identifier: Email
- Required Attributes/Claims:
Note: The names of attributes/claims must follow the specified format. Alternative name spellings or FriendlyNames are not supported.
- If the Grammarly SAML application is configured correctly, make sure that the IdP EntityID, SAML 2.0. Endpoint URLs, and the x.509 certificate used for SSO configuration are valid and copied correctly.
- Clear your browser's cookies and cache, log in to the Grammarly Business owner account, and try configuring SSO again. You can also try using incognito or private mode in your browser.