Note: Grammarly for Samsung Keyboard is available only on select devices running One UI 4.0 and higher. If you’re not sure if your device is compatible, please contact Samsung Support.
Grammarly is integrated into your Samsung Keyboard automatically. To make sure you are taking advantage of Grammarly features, check that you activated Grammarly in your device settings by following the steps from this article.
Once you start writing, Grammarly will automatically check your text and provide writing suggestions:
To review and accept a suggestion, tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the keyboard. Then, tap on the suggestion you see to accept it:
If you’d like to dismiss a suggestion, tap Ignore in the lower-right corner of the keyboard.
Managing your personal dictionary
If you’d like Grammarly to stop flagging a particular spelling as incorrect, you can add the word to your personal dictionary. Here’s how to access your personal dictionary and add words:
- To log into your Grammarly account, tap on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the keyboard and tap the Grammarly icon on a suggestion card:
- Tap on the three lines in the upper-right corner and select Customize.
- Enter the word that you'd like to add to your personal dictionary and tap Add.
You can learn more about your personal dictionary by visiting this page.
Adjusting your language preference
Grammarly recognizes a number of spelling, grammar, and punctuation differences in American, British, Canadian, and Australian English.
To change your language preference:
- Open Settings on your device
- Search for Samsung Keyboard
- Tap Languages and types
- Tap Manage input languages and select your preferred dialect
To find out more about language preference, check out this blog post.