Who has access?
- Grammarly Business account owners
- Grammarly Business contributors
- Grammarly Business users (view only)
The style guide feature allows you to create custom rules that tailor Grammarly to your organization’s unique writing style. While the option to create a single style guide is available to all Grammarly Business teams, the ability to create multiple style guides is available only to Grammarly Business enterprise accounts. If you’re interested in enabling this feature, please contact your account manager or the Grammarly Support team. Before reading further, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with this article about the singular style guide feature.
Topics covered in this article:
- What happens to our current style guide rules after multiple style guides are enabled?
- How do I create a new style guide?
- Can I limit style guide rules to certain domains?
- How do I edit the details of my style guide?
- How do I manage rules?
- How do I assign users to a style guide?
- How do I activate or deactivate a style guide?
- How can I set a “Default” style guide?
- How can I duplicate a style guide?
- Can one user be assigned to multiple style guides?
- Do I have access to metrics for style guide usage?
- How do I delete a style guide?
- What access do team members with “user” permissions have?
What happens to our current style guide rules after multiple style guides are enabled?
All the existing rules will be migrated to a new style guide named <Company Name> Style Guide. All members will be assigned to this style guide. Also, this style guide will be treated as a default: Any new team members who join will be automatically assigned to this style guide.
How do I create a new style guide?
- Visit the Style Guide page and click Create Style Guide.
- Fill in the details for your style guide, as well as custom domain settings if you wish for style guide suggestions to appear on specific websites only.
- Click Save.
Note: You can create up to 50 style guides within a single Grammarly Business account.
Can I limit style guide rules to certain domains?
Yes! As shown in the example above, you can limit the visibility of rules for any style guide by adding specific domains to the visibility section.
How do I edit the details of my style guide?
You can edit the critical attributes of your style guide by clicking Edit Details in the More Options menu.
How do I manage the rules of an existing style guide?
- Open the More Options menu and click Manage Rules.
The page that opens will allow you to create new rules, edit existing rules, and upload rules in bulk. For more information, please refer to this page.
Note: You can create up to 2,000 rules per style guide.
How do I assign users to a style guide?
- Open the More Options menu and click Manage Members.
- Select the team members you would like to add or remove. You will see any other style guides assigned to members.
- Click Next.
- Review the selection and confirm by clicking Save
How do I activate or deactivate a style guide?
Open the More Options menu and choose the corresponding option. The changes will take effect immediately. A tag will appear next to the style guide title if it’s inactive.
How can I set a “Default” style guide?
Choose Set As Default from the More Options menu. If another style guide was previously set as a default, it will be replaced with the new one. All new members joining Grammarly will be assigned to the “Default” style guide.
How can I duplicate a style guide?
Choose Duplicate from the More Options menu. The copy is going to be inactive upon creation.
Can one user be assigned to multiple style guides?
No. Currently, a user can be assigned to only one style guide at any given time. A user does not have to be assigned to any specific style guide.
Do I have access to metrics for style guide usage?
Yes. You can see the Total Views and Acceptance rate properties for any style guide on the Style Guide page.
The Total Views number represents the sum of all views for all rules for a style guide. The Acceptance rate is a ratio between the number of accepted suggestions and the number of viewed suggestions that change text.
How do I delete a style guide?
Click Delete in the More Options menu and confirm the deletion.
What access do team members with “user” permissions have?
Grammarly Business users within organizations with multiple style guides enabled will have the ability to view the rules for their assigned style guide (no edit access) and have the ability to see high-level details for any other style guide set up within the organization. Additionally, they will not have access to any of the metrics either for rules or the style guide.