This guide provides the steps required to configure provisioning for Grammarly in Okta.
The following provisioning features are supported in Okta:
- Push New Users
- New users created through Okta will also be created in Grammarly.
- Push User Updates
- Push User Deactivation
- Deactivating the user or turning off the user’s access to the application through Okta will deactivate the user in Grammarly.
- Note: When deprovisioning, all active sessions will be terminated within one hour. After 30 days, the account will be deleted.
Before you configure provisioning for Grammarly, you must reach out to the Grammarly Support team to activate the feature.
Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
To get started, reach out to the Grammarly Support team and let them know you want to use Okta for login and user provisioning. A Support representative will provide you with an API token specific to your organization.
- Check the Enable provisioning features box.
- Click Configure API Integration.
- Check the Enable API integration box.
- Enter the API Token provided by Grammarly Support.
- Click Test API Credentials—if successful, a verification message appears at the top of the screen.
- Click Save.
- Select To App in the left panel, then select the Provisioning Features you want to enable.
Provisioning of already assigned users
If you’re adding the provisioning capability to an already existing Grammarly application, you will need to provision the existing users before they can log in.
To do this, you will need to go to the Assignments tab on the apps configuration page and select Provision User. Here you will be able to bulk-provision users. After this provisioning step is complete, all assigned users will be able to log in.
Note: If you don’t see this option, please contact Okta support so they can enable it. With this option, you will be able to bulk-provision all assigned users.
- Initial activation of Okta provisioning in Grammarly requires contacting Grammarly Support. Please reach out with any questions during your configuration process.
- When users are deactivated in Okta, they will be deactivated in Grammarly. Users will not be able to log in to the application, but their data will remain available as an “inactive user.” After 30 days, the user will be deleted from the business account.