Note: The functionality described below is available only to Grammarly Business enterprise accounts. If you’re interested in enabling this feature, please contact your account manager or the Grammarly Support team.
This guide provides the steps required to configure provisioning for Grammarly in Okta. For general information about provisioning, please refer to this page.
Topics covered in this article:
- Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
- Provisioning of already assigned users
- Troubleshooting Tips
The following provisioning features are supported in Okta:
- Create users in Grammarly
- Remove users in Grammarly when they no longer require access
- Keep user attributes synchronized between Okta and Grammarly
- Okta account with access to the administrator console
- A Grammarly Business account with the owner permissions
- A Grammarly app configured in Okta
- SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) enabled in Grammarly
Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
- Log in to your Grammarly Business account, go to the Provisioning page, and click Configure.
- Click the Activate SCIM button
- Generate a SCIM token by clicking the Create token link
- Copy the SCIM token for future use, click Got it, and close the window.
- Check the Enable provisioning features box.
- Click Configure API Integration.
- Check the Enable API integration box.
- Enter the API Token provided by Grammarly (see Step 4 above).
- Click Test API Credentials—if successful, a verification message appears at the top of the screen.
- Click Save.
- Select To App in the left panel, then select the Provisioning Features you want to enable.
Provisioning of already assigned users
If you’re adding the provisioning capability to an already existing Grammarly application, you will need to provision the existing users before they can log in.
To do this, you will need to go to the Assignments tab on the apps configuration page and select Provision User. Here you will be able to bulk-provision users. After this provisioning step is complete, all assigned users will be able to log in.
Note: If you don’t see this option, please contact Okta support so they can enable it. With this option, you will be able to bulk-provision all assigned users.
- When users are deactivated in Okta, they will be deactivated in Grammarly. Users will not be able to log in to the application, but their data will remain available as an “inactive user.” After 30 days, the user will be deleted from the business account.