Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Uninstall your current version of the Grammarly add-in via Control Panel > Programs and Features > right-click on Grammarly for Microsoft Office Suite > select Uninstall.
If you use Windows 10:
Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen, and select Apps and Features on the pop-up menu. Click on Grammarly for Microsoft Office Suite > select Uninstall.
- Download Grammarly for Microsoft Office at https://www.grammarly.com/office-addin/downloading
- Double-click the GrammarlyAddInSetup.exe file
- When you see the “Welcome to Grammarly” window, click Get Started while pressing the Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard.
- Check the Install for all users option and click Next:
If you don’t see the option to install for all users, please download and run this file.
If Grammarly for Microsoft Office doesn’t work after trying these steps, and you’re using Windows 10 or newer, we suggest switching to Grammarly for Windows. This product offering also supports integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook. To find out more, check out this article.