- Log in to your G Suite administrator account.
- Go to Apps -> SAML Apps and click the yellow + button at the bottom-right corner:
- Choose Set up my own custom app and click Next on the page that opens.
- Fill in the application name (e.g., Grammarly), the description (optional), and upload a logo (you can download the Grammarly logo here if desired).
- On the next page, enter the following parameters:
- Go to the next page, click Add New Mapping and enter the following:
- EmailAddress -> Basic Information -> Primary Email
- FirstName -> Basic Information -> First Name
- LastName -> Basic Information -> Last Name
- Click Finish to complete the setup process.
- On the page that opens, click OFF for everyone in the User access tab. Here, you can grant access to different user groups or organizational units in your company. For more information on user groups, please see this guide from Google.
- Once you have assigned access to all relevant users, return to the application page and click Download Metadata.
You will need to pass the following values to Grammarly in order to enable SSO for your team:
- SSO URL (SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP))
- Entity ID (Identity Provider Issuer)
For more information on how to do this, please see step 2 of this article.
If you encounter any issues, please look for a troubleshooting article on this page.