The Grammarly Keyboard for Android allows you to type in different languages without switching to another keyboard.
Continue with this article if you’d like to find out how to:
Add other languages to your keyboard
By default, the Grammarly Keyboard is set to English. To add more languages, follow these steps:
- Open the Grammarly app and tap Languages.
- Scroll to the language that you want to add and tap it.
Depending on the language, you may be able to choose a layout from a list of several available options.
Note: Currently, many Grammarly features, including writing suggestions and synonyms, remain available only for the English language.
Switch between languages
If you add several languages, all selected options would be displayed on the space bar.
You can change keyboards by either swiping the space bar or tapping on a globe icon to the left of the keyboard. To adjust this setting, follow these steps:
- Open the Grammarly companion app and tap Keyboard.
- Toggle Switch languages on the spacebar on or off.
To remove a language from your keyboard, follow these steps:
- Open the Grammarly companion app and tap Languages.
- Tap the three dots next to the language you’d like to remove and then tap Delete.
Tapping Delete will remove the language from the list of enabled keyboards, but you will be able to add it back anytime.