If you use Grammarly for Microsoft Office on a computer with multiple monitors, Grammarly’s underlines may be misplaced.
To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Word or Outlook, click File > Options > General
- In the User Interface Options section, select Optimize for compatibility
- Restart Microsoft Word or Outlook and see if the issue persists
Note: This option is available if your Windows version is 8.1 or 10 and your Microsoft Office version is 2016, 2019, or 365.
If this doesn’t help, set your external monitor as the main one in your settings to resolve the issue. To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select Display Settings
- Click on the display in question, scroll down and press Make this my main display
Alternatively, please try the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue:
- For multiple monitors: Move your Word or Outlook window to the primary monitor.
- For any number of monitors: In the Scale and layout section, set your display scaling to 100%.
- For an ultra-wide monitor: Move your Word or Outlook window to the left side of the monitor.
Alternatively, we suggest switching to Grammarly for Windows (available on Windows 10 or newer). This product offering also supports integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook. To find out more, check out this article.