Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
Make sure that your Safari browser is version 12 or newer. To check that, click on the Safari tab and select About Safari:
If your Safari version is 11 or older, we encourage you to update to the latest version of macOS and Safari to continue using the extension. Learn more here.
Reinstall Grammarly for Safari by following these instructions:
- Open Safari
- Click the Safari tab > Preferences...
- Select Extensions
- Uncheck the Enabled box to deactivate the extension
- Quit your Safari browser:
- Then, go to Finder > Applications > Grammarly for Safari
- Right-click Grammarly for Safari and select Move to Trash (or Move to Bin) from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the app to Trash (Bin)
- If prompted, enter the password to your computer or use Touch ID to confirm the deletion:
To install the extension again, please visit this page.
If the previous troubleshooting step didn't help, please try this:
- Open App Store
- Go to Store, and click Sign Out
- Quit App Store
- Restart the device, and check if the issue persists