If you can successfully log in to the online Grammarly Editor at https://app.grammarly.com, but still see this error message, this means that you are using an outdated version of Grammarly for Microsoft Office:
To resolve this issue, please reinstall Grammarly for Microsoft Office by following the steps below:
- Uninstall your current version of the Grammarly add-in via Control Panel > Programs and Features > right-click on Grammarly for Microsoft® Office Suite > select Uninstall.
If you use Windows 10:
Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen, and select Apps and Features on the pop-up menu. Click on Grammarly for Microsoft® Office Suite > select Uninstall.
- Download the latest version from http://www.grammarly.com/office-addin/ and follow the instructions on that page to install it.
- Open any text document in Word, find the Grammarly tab in the toolbar, then click Open Grammarly.
- Log in using your Grammarly credentials if prompted.
- You should see the Grammarly sidebar on the right. It should say Checking... and then start displaying suggestions.