What Is Grammarly’s expert writing service?
Our expert writing service is an optional feature that is offered in addition to a Grammarly Premium subscription. If you need extra confidence that your text is free of mistakes, send it to our team of writing experts!
Note: At the moment, the expert writing service is not available to users with Grammarly Business or Grammarly for Education accounts.
When you submit a document, our experts will review it and correct mistakes in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure, as well as ensure that the text is concise, precise, and easy to read, depending upon the options you choose. Our experts will also revise the text for fluency, ensuring that the writing sounds natural to a primary English speaker’s ear. We attempt to keep the original meaning of the text fully intact, and we do not assess whether a submission contains any plagiarized content or fact-check your document. All of our writing experts have been carefully selected, and we review them regularly to make sure they meet our high standards for editorial excellence.
Submitting an order
Our expert writing service offers two options:
- Correctness only: Experts will fix spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure errors. Your text will also be revised for fluency.
- Correctness and Clarity: Experts will fix mistakes, make the text fluent, and ensure that your writing is concise, precise, and easy to read.
Current turnaround time options:
- Correctness only: Instant (within 30 minutes), 24 hours, and 3 days
- Correctness and Clarity: 6 hours, 24 hours, and 3 days
To provide the best service possible, our prices may fluctuate to strike the optimum balance between cost, quality, and efficiency. Of course, you will always see the per-word and total price for each job before you submit any order.
Note: You will be charged once you click the Place order button. The charge will be billed to the payment method on file for your Grammarly Premium account. If you'd like to update your billing information before placing an order, please refer to this article.
You can submit an order using the Grammarly Editor or, if you're a Windows user, Grammarly for Microsoft Office.
To submit an order in the Grammarly Editor, click the Get Expert Writing Help button in the lower right-hand corner of your document:
After that, select an editing option and turnaround time. You will also be able to specify your language background and formatting preferences, which will help us personalize our suggestions. Finally, click Place Order. Here’s what the expert writing service submission form looks like:
To submit an order through Grammarly for Microsoft Office, click the Get Expert Writing Help button in the Grammarly toolbar:
Note: If you submitted an order in error, please contact our support team as soon as possible. Please bear in mind that we will not be able to refund your payment if you send a cancellation request after your order has been completed.
Receiving your order
Once you submit an order, you’ll receive an email confirmation. As soon as our writing experts have finished working on your document, you’ll receive another email with a link to the marked-up version of your text that shows all of the changes they made:
We strongly recommend opening your revised document in Microsoft Word or a similar rich-text word processor to view our writing experts’ changes.
To learn how to view, accept, or reject the changes, please review this article.
Note: If you encounter any issues viewing the suggestions in your revised document, please let our Support team know. However, please keep in mind that we do not provide ongoing consulting services regarding the revisions applied by our writing experts.
If you submit an order using the Grammarly Editor, the corrected version of your document will also be available in the Grammarly dashboard at https://app.grammarly.com. It will be marked with a green icon, as shown in the following screenshot:
To learn more about the Grammarly Editor, please review this article.
Note: Or writing experts might not be able to change stylistic choices, such as the use of passive voice or the selection of certain personal pronouns, if they do not have sufficient context to determine how to treat the text.
- If your text does not meet our submission standards, your order may be canceled automatically. If this happens, you will receive notification by email.
- If you don’t receive an email with your completed order within the turnaround time you selected, please let our Support team know.
- If you can’t open the corrected document and you see an error message about the file format, changing the extension of the downloaded file from .docx to .doc should fix the issue.
- If the issue persists, or if you’d like to share any feedback about your order, please reach out to our Support team.