What is Human Proofreading?
Human Proofreading is an optional service that is offered in addition to a Grammarly Premium subscription. If you need extra confidence that your text is free of mistakes, send it to our team of experienced proofreaders!
Note: At the moment, Human Proofreading is not available for Grammarly Business and Grammarly EDU users.
Our proofreaders meet our high standards for proofreading excellence as determined by a series of preliminary tests and consistent quality management. They will review and correct your document for mistakes in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Please note that proofreading is limited to clear errors; we will not rewrite or reorganize your document to make it more accurate or convincing, and we attempt to keep the original meaning fully intact. Furthermore, we will not assess whether a submission contains any plagiarized content or fact-check your document.
Submitting an order
Current turnaround-time options are as follows: Instant (within 30 minutes), 3-hour, and 24-hour.
To provide the best service possible, we may adjust our prices to find the optimum balance between cost, quality, and efficiency. Of course, you will see the per-word and total price for each job before you submit any order.
Note: You will be charged once you click the Place order button. The charge will be billed to the payment method on file for your Grammarly Premium account. If you'd like to update your billing information before placing an order, please refer to this article.
You can submit an order using the Grammarly Editor or, if you're a Windows user, Grammarly for Microsoft Office.
To submit an order in the Grammarly Editor, click the Send to proofreaders button in the lower right-hand corner of your document:
Then, select your preferred turnaround time, and click Place order. Here’s what the human proofreading submission form will look like:
To submit an order in Grammarly for Microsoft Office, click the Send to proofreaders button in the Grammarly toolbar:
Note: If you submitted an order in error, please contact our support team as soon as possible. Please bear in mind that we will not be able to refund your payment if you send a cancellation request after your order has been proofread.
Receiving your order
Once you submit an order, you’ll receive an email confirmation. As soon as the order is proofread within your requested turnaround time, you’ll receive another email containing your completed order.
The completion email will contain a link to a marked-up version of the document showing all changes made by our proofreaders. They will appear in the following way:
- We strongly recommend opening your proofread document in Microsoft Word or a similar rich-text editor to view our proofreaders’ changes.
- To learn how to accept the proofreading changes, please review this article.
- If you’re using Microsoft Word and you’re unable to view the edits in the proofread document, please check this article.
Note: If you encounter any issues viewing the edits in your proofread document, please let our support team know. However, please keep in mind that we do not provide ongoing consulting services regarding the edits applied by our proofreaders.
If you submitted an order using the Grammarly Editor, the corrected version of your proofread document will also be available in the Grammarly dashboard at https://app.grammarly.com. It will be marked with a green icon, as shown in the following screenshot:
To learn more about the Grammarly Editor, please review this article.
Note: If Grammarly identifies any issues in your proofread document, such as the use of passive voice or the selection of certain personal pronouns, please note that these concerns are linked to subjective choices that every author must make. Because these issues are not necessarily errors, they may remain unchanged in your corrected document.
- If your order was canceled automatically, you will receive an email notification. Should you encounter this issue, please review our submission standards.
- If you don’t receive an email with your completed order, please let our support team know.
- In case you’re unable to open the proofread document and see an error message about the file format, please change the format of the downloaded file from ".docx" to ".doc".
- If the issue persists afterward, or if you’d like to share any feedback about your order, please reach out to our support team. We’re available 24/7!