NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR TO CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST SPONSOR TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
The Grammarly Naming Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on March 7th, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST March 14th, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”), (such period referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Grammarly, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The prizes will be fulfilled by the Sponsor.
- PRIZE: There will be one (1) winner of the Sweepstakes, who will receive a prize consisting of a silver 11-inch iPad Pro with Wi-Fi and 64 GB of storage. Odds of winning is affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date. Total approximate retail value of the prize is $799. Allow 3-4 weeks after validation of arrangement for receipt of prize. There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes allowed. Winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. The Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of identification or eligibility. All federal, state, provincial and local or other taxes, if any, on the prize, including income and/or sales taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner of any prize with a value of $600 or greater will be issued a 1099 U.S. Tax Form for the retail value of the prize.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories and possessions) who (a) are at least 18 years old at the time of entry, (b) have an account with Grammarly and (c) receive the Invitation . Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with either the terms and conditions in these Official Rules will result in disqualification, and will allow the Sponsor to select an alternate winner. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entries that are submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes will only be eligible if the information submitted to the Sponsor during the entry process is not unlawful, hateful or obscene, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Use of Content: By submitting content to the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes (including content submitted via the survey during the entry process), you automatically represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, and do hereby grant, to Sponsor the paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any such content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate all or any portion of it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party that may exist in such content; and (b) use the content, including without limitation, the right and license to make, use, sell, offer for sale, and import any products and/or services which practice or embody, or are configured for use in practicing, all or any portion of the content and the right to practice. You warrant that the content has not been copied from any third party and its use by Sponsor or any other third party licensed above will not infringe or involve the misappropriation of any third party rights and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and all other third parties licensed above from and against any breach of this warranty. Under no circumstances will the Sponsor or any another third party licensed above be required to treat such content as confidential. The Sponsor will be entitled to use the content in accordance with this Section 4 without permission from or compensation to you or any other person. For the avoidance of doubt, the Sponsor will not be liable to you or any other person for any ideas for the Sponsor’s business (including, without limitation, product designs or ideas) derived from the content and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities to the content that may appear in any future products or services of the Sponsor.
- SELECTION OF THE WINNER: On or about March 31, 2019 (the “Drawing Date”), the Sponsor will randomly select the winner. The winner will be selected from all eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date. The winner will be notified by mail, telephone or email using the information provided by such potential winner during the entry process or otherwise in connection with such potential winner’s Grammarly account, within 30 days of the Drawing Date. In the event the winner does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of such notice, a potential winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable an alternate winner may be selected. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner. The winner agrees to use of name, address, likeness, and/or prize information by Sponsor and its affiliates for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
- CONDITIONS: The Sponsor and its agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event that proper administration of the Sweepstakes is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Sponsor will pick the winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants and the winner agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
- Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section is referred to in these Official Rules as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and Sponsor, whether arising out of or relating to these Official Rules (including any alleged breach thereof), any advertising, any aspect of the relationship or transactions between us, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Official Rules, you and Sponsor are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
- Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. Sponsor is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most concerns can be resolved quickly and to the entrant’s satisfaction by emailing email@example.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to Sponsor should be sent to Grammarly, Inc., 548 Market Street, #35410 , San Francisco, CA 94104, Attention: Grammarly, Inc. (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If Sponsor and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or Sponsor may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Sponsor or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Sponsor is entitled.
- Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, http://www.adr.org/consumer_arbitration. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Official Rules as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under these Official Rules and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
Unless Sponsor and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, Sponsor agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
- Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. If the value of the relief sought is $75,000 or less, at your request, Sponsor will pay all Arbitration Fees. If the value of relief sought is more than $75,000 and you are able to demonstrate to the arbitrator that you are economically unable to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees or if the arbitrator otherwise determines for any reason that you should not be required to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees, Sponsor will pay your portion of such fees. In addition, if you demonstrate to the arbitrator that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Arbitration Fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. Finally, if the value of the relief sought is $75,000 or less, Sponsor will pay reasonable attorneys’ fees should you prevail. Sponsor will not seek attorneys’ fees from you. But, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek more than $75,000 in relief, the payment of attorneys’ fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
- Severability. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 7(b) above is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 7(b) is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of these Official Rules will continue to apply.
WINNERS LIST: To obtain the first name, last initial, city and state of the Sweepstakes winner after the Sweepstakes End Date, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Grammarly Naming Sweepstakes Winners List” to the Sponsor. Requests for winners list must be received no later than 90 days from the Drawing Date (residents of Vermont and Washington need not include return postage).
548 Market Street, #35410
San Francisco, CA 94104
NOTICE: The Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Sweepstakes in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
Copyright (c) 2019 Grammarly, Inc. All rights reserved. Any trademarks in these Official Rules, including Grammarly, Inc. and any associated logo, are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.