This article details the steps necessary to block and unblock Grammarly for Android within individual apps.
Blocking Grammarly for Android
To stop Grammarly for Android from appearing within specific applications, follow these steps:
- Start by opening the app where you want to deactivate Grammarly for Android.
- Once the app is open, look for the Grammarly widget (represented by the letter “G”) that appears on your screen.
- Tap and hold this Grammarly widget. Drag it down toward the bottom of the screen until a circular icon with an X appears.
- Drag the Grammarly widget onto the circular X icon.
- When a menu pops up at the bottom of the screen, select the option Block this app. This will prevent Grammarly from proofreading your text within that specific application.
Tip: If you would like to turn off Grammarly for Android temporarily, you can drag the Grammarly widget to the circular X icon. Without tapping Block this app, close the menu by selecting the X on the right. This will turn off Grammarly for Android for your current session. You can bring the Grammarly widget back by closing and reopening the application you were working in.
Unblocking Grammarly for Android
If you change your mind and want to unblock Grammarly within a particular application, please do the following:
- Launch the Grammarly companion app on your Android device.
- Select Blocked apps to see a list of applications where Grammarly is currently deactivated.
- Tap the toggle button on the right-hand side of the application where you want Grammarly for Android to be reactivated.
And that's it! With these simple steps, you have full control over where Grammarly for Android assists you. Happy writing!