Who has access?
- Grammarly for Business teams with a non-generic domain and not using SSO or SCIM
To assist Grammarly for Business admins with onboarding new users, individual users can request to join their team’s subscription directly from their account. The admin can approve or deny the user’s request to join their subscription and notify the user accordingly. The membership request will be automatically voided if no action is taken within 14 days.
There are two ways for admins to accept users’ membership requests. Admins can either accept user requests directly from the membership request email they receive or review all pending requests on their membership requests page.
To access the membership requests page, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Members page.
- Select the Membership requests tab at the top of the page.
- Review the pending membership requests and accept or decline them.
When a membership request is accepted, the user in question does not automatically join the subscription. They will receive an email invitation to join and need to click the invitation link to accept it.
Admins can turn off this feature to prevent users from requesting to join their subscription.
To turn off the request to join feature, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Administration page.
- Next to the Request to Join, switch the toggle to Off.
For team members:
If a user’s domain matches an active Grammarly for Business subscription that is not using SSO or SCIM for member management, they will be able to send a membership request upon account creation or from within their existing account.
To request to join your team’s subscription, please follow the steps below:
- Go to your Account page.
- Navigate to the Try Grammarly Business tab on the left side of the page.
- In the section titled Join your team on Grammarly Business, click Send a request to join your team to initiate a membership request.
If the admin accepts your request, you will receive an invitation email in your mailbox.
Note: You need to click the invitation link to join your team’s subscription.
If the admin declines your request, you will see a corresponding message on the Try Grammarly Business page.
If you do not see the section titled Join your team on Grammarly Business, it means there are no active Grammarly for Business subscriptions that you can request to join at this time.