Who has access?
- Grammarly Business customers on the Enterprise Tier
Team members with admin and account manager roles can grant group manager permissions to team members with the user role to enable them to manage Grammarly Business features for selected user groups.
Topics covered in this article:
- What permissions do group managers have?
- How to assign team members as group managers?
- Where can I see the group managers assigned to a group?
- Frequently asked questions
What permissions do group managers have?
In Grammarly Business teams on the Enterprise Tier, each member can have one of the following roles: admin, account manager, user, and user with group manager permissions.
Team members who have group manager permissions can maintain several aspects of their group's Grammarly Business account. This includes viewing analytics and managing writing preferences for the teams they have been assigned as group managers.
Team members with the user role but without group manager permissions can‘t change any settings for their organization‘s account.
|Admin||Account Manager||User (Group Manager)||User|
|Subscription and billing||✅|
|Change members of all groups||✅||✅|
|Change members of assigned groups||✅||✅||✅|
|Customize style guides, writing preferences, and brand tones for all groups||✅||✅|
|Customize style guides, writing preferences, and brand tones for assigned groups||✅||✅||✅|
|View team usage analytics for the whole organization||✅||✅|
|View team usage analytics for assigned groups||✅||✅||✅|
To learn more about team member roles, please see this article: Manage team member roles
How to assign team members as group managers?
By selecting individual team members
- Go to the Members page.
- Click on the user to whom you want to grant group manager permissions.
- Set their Role to User, and under Assign group manager permissions, select the groups that they will manage.
- Click Save.
By selecting groups
- Go to the Groups page.
- Click on the three dots next to the group you’d like to configure and choose Assign group managers.
- In the window that appears next, check the boxes next to the users who should have group manager permissions and click Save.
Note: Assigning group manager permissions will not change the user’s group membership.
By assigning group managers on the group details page
- Go to the Groups page.
- Click on the group you’d like to edit.
- Click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the page and choose Assign group managers.
- In the window that appears next, check the boxes next to the users who should have group manager permission and click Save.
You can also assign group manager permissions to users via SAML single sign-on. For detailed instructions, please see this article: Add Grammarly to an identity provider
Where can I see the group managers assigned to a group?
On the Members page, the Groups managed column shows the number of groups that users are assigned to manage. Team members with the admin and account manager roles will have the groups managed count set to “All” since they can manage all groups in the organization.
On the Groups page, the Group managers column shows the team members who have group manager permissions for the corresponding groups.
Frequently asked questions
Can I assign multiple group managers?
Yes, you can have an unlimited number of group managers.
Can I have a group manager assigned to several groups?
Yes, one group manager can be assigned an unlimited number of groups.
Does assigning group manager permissions to users also change the group they are a member of?
No, assigning group manager permissions will not change the user’s group membership. To learn more about how to organize team members into groups, please see this article: Organize team members into groups