Grammarly Answers is a free service where users can ask and answer any question related to English grammar and writing. Anyone can submit a question and have it answered by the Grammarly community.
Reputation and Degree System
Grammarly Answers's Reputation and Degree System is a user-ranking system aimed at encouraging high-quality participation on the site. This system is designed to make it easier for members of the community to identify high-quality contributors and to become recognized participants on the forum. We’ve broken this into two parts: reputation points and degree ranking.
All participants on Grammarly Answers will start with 1 reputation point (rep point). Additional rep points will be awarded for contributions to the site. High-quality contributions, as determined by the community, will be awarded more points, while low-quality contributions will receive less or even remove rep points from a user’s account. Below are the point values awarded for various actions on the forum:
- Every user starts with 1 rep point.
- When a user’s question is upvoted, the user receives +5 rep points.
- When a user's question is downvoted, the user receives -2 rep points.
- When a user’s answer is upvoted, the user receives +10 rep points.
- When a user’s answer is downvoted, the user receives -10 rep points.
- If a user’s answer selected as best answer, the user receives +15 rep points.
- When a user selects a best answer for his or her question, the user receives +2 rep points (only if the user does not select his or her own answer).
When users cancel actions on the forum, the points awarded for those actions are removed. For example, if a user selects answer #100 as the best answer, the user will receive +2 rep points and the answer's author will receive +15 rep points. But if the user then cancels the selection of best answer, the user will receive -2 rep points and the answer's author will receive -15 rep points. Reputation points will never go below 1.
The degree rankings are classified according to the number of reputation points a user has earned. There are four different degrees with differing incentives at each level:
New Member: 1 - 99 rep points
This is a newly registered Grammarly Answers user.
Contributor: 100 - 999 rep points
Expert: 1,000 - 9,999 rep points
These are active community members.
Grammarly Fellow: 10,000+ rep points
Fellows are active long-term members. Users will also be featured on a special biography page for added recognition throughout the community.