Please make sure that you are using the full version of Microsoft Word, not Word Starter.
If you are using the full version, and you have the Windows operating system, please do the following:
- Go to the Review tab in your Microsoft Word window.
- Click on the Show Markup box. You may select either Original (your original text) or Final (corrected text).
- Make sure that all the options have a checkmark next to them. If not, enable them by clicking the check boxes.
If the comments are still not showing up, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the main menu in your Word file (button in top left corner).
- Click on the Word Options button at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on the "Trust Center" category.
- Click Trust Center from the left-hand side of the pop-up window.
- In Privacy Options, make sure there is a checkmark next to "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" and click "OK" twice.