To get rid of tracked changes and comments, you need to accept or reject the changes and delete the comments.
- On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Reviewing.
- On the Reviewing toolbar, click Show, and then make sure that a checkmark appears next to each of the following items:
- Ink Annotations (Word 2003 only)
- Insertions and Deletions
- Reviewers (Point to Reviewers and make sure that All Reviewers is selected.)
If a checkmark does not appear next to any of these items, click the item to select it.
- On the Reviewing toolbar, click Next to advance from one revision or comment to the next.
- On the Reviewing toolbar, click Accept Change or Reject Change/Delete Commentfor each revision or comment.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the revisions in the document have been accepted or rejected and all the comments have been deleted.
If you know that you want to accept all the changes, click the arrow next to Accept Change, and then click Accept All Changes in Document.
If you know that you want to reject all the changes, click the arrow next to Reject Change/Delete Comment, and then click Reject All Changes in Document.
To remove all comments, you must delete them. Click the arrow next to Reject Change/Delete Comment, and then click Delete All Comments in Document.
- If you'd like to read more about the Track Changes mode in Word 2003, please visit the Microsoft Office site.