Note: If the Grammarly sidebar doesn’t appear in Microsoft Word when you click Open Grammarly, follow the instructions in this article.
If you use Grammarly for Microsoft Office on a computer with multiple monitors, you may experience these problems:
- The Grammarly sidebar is visible but doesn’t show suggestions
- There are no underlines in the text
To resolve these issues, follow these instructions:
- Open Microsoft Word or Outlook, click File > Options > General
- In the User Interface Options section, select Optimize for compatibility
- Restart Microsoft Word or Outlook and see if the issue persists
Note: This option is available if your Windows version is 8.1 or 10 and MS Office version is 2016, 2019, or 365.
If this doesn’t help, set your external monitor as the main one in your settings to resolve the issue. To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select Display Settings
- Click on the display in question, scroll down, and press Make this my main display
Alternatively, please try the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue:
- For multiple monitors: move your Word or Outlook window to the primary monitor.
- For an ultra-wide monitor: move your Word or Outlook window to the left side of the monitor.
If none of the steps above help, send us a screenshot of the problem that you see. You can find instructions on how to take a screenshot at https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/. Even a smartphone snapshot will do!