If you see the error "Error checking is temporarily unavailable. Our engineers are working quickly to resolve the issue. Please check back soon" when checking a document, please follow the instructions below:
- Make sure that you successfully pass the WebSockets tests here. If any section of your test results says Failed, take a look at this article.
- Try logging into the editor again.
- Check whether you can reproduce the issue with your antivirus software and firewall disabled. If not, make sure that your antivirus and firewall software allows web socket connection to capi.grammarly.com.
If the issue persists, please send the web editor's console log to Grammarly Support. You can bring up the developer tools by either of these methods:
- Using a keyboard shortcut: F12 on Windows; Cmd+Alt+i on macOS; Ctrl+Shift+J on Linux.
- From the Chrome menu at the top right of your browser window, select Tools > Developer Tools
Once you've opened the console as described above, please do the following:
- Navigate to the Console tab under Developer Tools.
- Right-click on an empty space with the console view.
- Click Save As and save the output to a file.
- Send the file to Grammarly Support.