Who has access?
- Grammarly Business and Grammarly for Education admins
- Grammarly Business and Grammarly for Education account managers
- Grammarly Business and Grammarly for Education group managers
Team usage analytics help you understand who is actively using Grammarly. This data can help you:
- Understand product adoption among team members as you onboard your organization to Grammarly.
- Better manage license allocation by removing inactive team members or expanding access for teams with higher usage.
- Get a pulse on your team’s usage activity over time and see whether it has improved or needs attention.
Note: This is currently a beta feature. Please reach out to Grammarly Support or your Customer Success Manager to provide feedback.
Topics covered in this article:
What is available?
Team members with the admin and account manager roles, as well as team members with the group manager permissions, can see which team members are actively using Grammarly and information about their usage.
Team members with the admin or account manager roles can filter for and view usage data for any of the existing user groups, while team members with the group manager permissions can only view the data of the specific user groups they have permission to manage.
Note: The group manager permissions are available only to Grammarly Business customers on the Enterprise Tier.
The team usage chart can help you understand the rate at which Grammarly is helping your team improve their writing over time.
In this example, captured by the chart and table below, you can see that the Sales team improved 84% of writing sessions over the last 30 days. (To understand how this metric is determined, see Writing Sessions and Sessions Improved below.)
Here is an example list of all active team members and their usage data:
- Name: Team member’s name
- Email: Team member’s email address
- Last Activity: The date that a team member had their most recent active Grammarly session
- Days Active: The number of days a team member was actively using Grammarly during the selected date range
- Writing Sessions: The number of writing sessions that took place during the selected date range. A writing session occurs when a team member uses Grammarly to actively write or edit text. A session automatically ends after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Note: Writing sessions do not reflect a user’s productivity or quality of work because everyone’s working style is different. Some team members may write for long stretches of time, while others may break up their writing time. This data is available to help put the Sessions Improved value in perspective.
- Sessions Improved: The percentage of writing sessions that were improved out of writing sessions that had at least one error and took place during the selected date range. A writing session is considered improved if there are fewer mistakes in the text at the end of a session than at the beginning.
Note: The Sessions Improved statistic is not reflective of a team member’s writing ability. It’s intended to help you understand which team members get the most value out of Grammarly. If a team member has a low percentage of improved sessions, it may mean that they had fewer writing issues identified by Grammarly during the selected time period.
To see sessions improved over time, you can select a preset date range or a custom date range. You can also filter team member activity by group.
We have improved the way we calculate writing sessions in order to bring you more accurate and stable analytics.
Previously, a writing session restarted after switching between applications or after a short period of idle time. With the latest update, a writing session groups together activity that happens across multiple applications and ends after 30 minutes of inactivity. As a result, you may see fewer writing sessions on average after July 1, 2023.
How can I download this data?
To download the data, click Export in the lower-right corner of the graph to receive a CSV file with the data for the selected date range.
Can I turn team usage analytics off?
Admins can turn off team usage analytics for the entire team on the Administration page: