posted this on March 14, 2011 19:38
Windows XP, Office 2010, installation goes well (or so it seems), no menu in Office 2010.
The Grammarly Check button can disappear from your MS Word if:
- If you were installing the plug-in while Word or Outlook were open.
- If an error occurred while the add-in was working and it got disabled. (Re-installing doesn't help in this case.)
The three-step solution is easy -- you'll need to ENABLE the disabled plugin:
1. Close all Word and Outlook windows.
2. Open folder C:\Program files\Grammarly\Grammarly.
3. Run EnableGrammarly.exe and press "Enable Grammarly add-in" button.
Alternatively, you can run the file attached to this comment and Click on "Enable Grammarly add-in". If it didn't work, please right-click on the file and select "Run as administrator" to run it as an administrator.
1) Enable .net Framework 3.5 in Control Panel as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443.aspx
2) Locate a GrammarlySetup.exe file in your Downloads folder OR download it again. (You should NOT be deleting your current add-in.)
3) Right-click on the GrammarlySetup.exe item, and choose "Run as administrator".
If you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us by creating a support ticket at support.grammarly.com
Support Software by Zendesk